- 2 Fresh Chicken Breasts
- 1 pint Yoghurt
- 2oz Garlic
- 2oz Ginger
- 2oz Lemon Juice
- 4oz Fresh Coriander
- 3oz Minced Lamb
- 1 lb Wholewheat Flour
- Salt, Pepper and Spices
- 4oz Chick Peas, cooked
- 8oz Potatoes, cooked
- 2 Green Chillies
- 6oz Tomatoes, chopped
- 8oz Onion
- Fenugreek, chopped
- Salad Leaves - Curly Endive, Radichio
- Prepare chicken breasts, ie trim and make incision.
- Prepare minced lamb with seasoning. Enter into fillets, cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare bread by mixing the flour, salt, coriander and fenugreek leaves. Add a little oil to
mix in. Mix in sufficient cold water to form a dough. Cover and rest in refrigerator.
- Remove dough from fridge, roll on floured fable, mix in butter to form parathas. Cover.
- Heat oil, brush chicken with the oil and place on a tray. Place in hot oven until brown, then
- Heat the oil and fry the garlic, chillies and onion then add the remaining ingredients. Check
- Heat the Tava, fry the paratha gently until coloured. Turn over then finish cooking, remove
but keep hot.
- Remove chicken from tray and place on a chopping board. Slice at an angle.
- Place paratha on a plate, serve the vegetables on top then arrange the sliced chicken around
the base. Decorate with leaves
©South Birmingham College 1998
© David W Smith, 1998
This article may not be reproduced electronically or in print without the permission of the copyright owner
back to UK Curry Scene
back to The Curry House home page